Lose 12 Pounds in 12 Weeks with Elev8d Fitness
Elev8d Fitness is designed to align the body so that your workouts are more efficient. These four core concepts make up the structure of our unique and simple method.
Elev8d Fitness celebrates and indeed elevates the human body’s natural inclination to move. Think of Elev8d as Low Intensity Interval Training (LIIT), an exercise method that compels the body to move in all the directions it was designed to move, maximizing efficiency and leaving you more, not less, energized.
We believe that exercise is too vital to our health and happiness to be relegated to the gym, nor should it be defined by strain, struggle, and high intensity. Instead, we want to reclaim fitness as integrated movement that is both fun and energizing. For the Elev8d team, being in shape is not about killing it in the gym or personal records, but is about restoring your body’s full-range of motion, and this in turn makes moving and exercising feel invigorating and good so that you stick with it. Fitness should be something you want to do, not “ought” to do.
Elev8d Fitness was co-founded by Sonia Jones, publisher of the Webby-Award-winning health and wellness website Sonima.com, and Pete Egoscue, the Father of Modern Postural Therapy. Egoscue has long been aware that many of us are not fit because our bodies do not have a full range of motion, that is, all the joints and limbs can’t move in all the directions they were designed to. This lack of range of motion is the result of postural dysfunction which affects most of us largely because of our sedentary lifestyles.
As a result, when we work out, we are not utilizing our larger, deeper muscles but rather just the smaller muscles closer to the surface. If we engage those deeper muscles, we burn a lot more energy in a shorter amount of time, thereby maximizing the efficiency of our workouts. In addition, we bring a higher level of oxygen to the blood circulating through those deeper muscles, thus making ourselves more energetic. It’s not magic or gimmickry that makes you feel so fantastic throughout the day.
1. Postural alignment is the key to enhanced motion.
Everything in the body is connected. If one thing is out of whack, it creates a disconnect and hurts the efficiency of your workouts. A body that is properly aligned operates at max capacity, boosting everything from your metabolism to mood.
2. Fitness should be fun.
Moving feels good and natural, so exercise should be playful. Drudgery and pain have no place in Elev8d.
3. Less is more.
Elev8d’s program can be completed in only 8 to 16 minutes per day, four times a week. It’s all about consistency, not killing it. Elev8d Fitness is Low Intensity Interval Training—great for building strength and losing weight, but you’ll love doing it.
4. Sequence is key.
Every Elev8d workout reflects the 8 core movements we need to re-learn and strengthen for total body alignment and full range of motion. Each workout is created to shift your body back into alignment. The exercises create a cascade effect, activating key muscle groups in sequence for a comprehensive workout.
That’s it! But don’t be fooled by its simplicity. The amazing thing about Elev8d Fitness is that once you’re body shifts into alignment, it works more efficiently. Think about getting a tune up on your car—all systems are functioning and it runs smoother, more efficiently. With postural alignment comes better sleep, a faster metabolism, and more energy. Without even trying, our Elev8d Fitness ambassadors lost an average of twelve pounds over a twelve week period. Sounds like a magic bullet? We think so!
And here’s what Elev8d Fitness is NOT. It’s not exclusive. If you’re a dedicated yogi or maybe a long-distance runner, we are not suggesting you should give up anything for an Elev8d-only approach. Elev8d is an excellent warm up or ‘pre-hab’ for a long run, or a tennis match, or whatever it is you love to do. By adding just eight to 16 minutes four times a week to your regular routine, you can improve postural alignment and prevent injury. Elev8d is also NOT complicated. All the movements can be done in the comfort of your own home. And Elev8d is also not just another trend. It’s a back-to-basics formula created by trusted professionals like Egoscue.
And in case you’re curious about those 8 core movements, here’s a quick rundown of what you can expect in each Elev8d session. Whether you choose to do the 8-minute segment or a 16-minute one, the exercises will include the eight core movements that humans were designed to be able to do:
1. Over: Humans need to be able to jump over an object, such as a log, fence or bench, using your hands and arms to propel yourself forward.
2. Under: Going under a low doorway or branch requires stepping forward or sideways to squat and load your weight on alternate hip joints.
3. Around: Moving in a circular motion, as you did when a child rolling downhill or running around the woods or a jungle gym, moving forward or sideways in circles around a table, tree, or jungle gym, in both directions.
4. Sideways: People generally move forward or backwards, but rarely laterally, in both directions, so Elev8d has you pivot in a variety of ways, including shuffling your feet or doing crab walks.
5. Rotating: This includes twisting your torso, like when you swing a golf club or baseball bat.
6. Flexion: As modern desk sitters, we spend a lot of time in flexion, but are out of practice bending our body forward at the joints, such as at the waist for sit-ups or at the knees for high-step exercises.
7. Extension: We’ve gotten good at hunching forward, but Elev8d reteaches us to extend our body backwards as in crab walks or a backbend or an upward dog position.
8. Pushing/Pulling: Thanks to technology and machine power, we rarely need to do much heavy lifting, and even less pushing and pulling. Elev8d strengthens the arms’ ability to push or pull your body, such as push-ups or pull-ups.
Give it a try. We promise a transformation.